04.16.14

Posted on: April 16th, 2014 by jmbroekman 6 Comments
041614

Daffodils (again) for my sister.

Nine years and still counting, grieving and wondering.

Nine years and still missing you as much as ever.

It snowed last night, but the sun is shining today. The purple crocuses bloom right on schedule – they always pop their bright little heads out of the ground just in time for me to light a candle for Kukla. This year there are more of them than ever before. They are begging me to smile despite what this day represents and brings into the forefront of my mind. I’ll do my best.

Photo below, about 1 week after Kukla’s 3rd birthday. What a look!

kukla-091456

Tags: , , ,

6 Responses

1. anne garland says:

oh, Jessyca, my heart feels sad for your loss. Isn’t it true that as the years go by, the missing never diminishes? What a metaphor for the crocus, living unseen under all that winter weight, to popup into sight as things warm up and brighten. I like to think those who will forever be loved by us abide with us even if in someplace we can’t see. If this is so, I am sure they can feel the power of our love, as I am sure your sister feels you.
    Blessings to you and Kukla

anne

• jmbroekman says:

Anne,
      It was so nice to see you last weekend. And thank you for your beautiful words, and interpretation of the crocuses’, I love that metaphor idea, and hadn’t put that together quite so gracefully.

2. Lori says:

Hello Jessyca,

Your crocuses are lovely…I think Kukla is smiling too ๐Ÿ™‚

What a little cutie she is in that photo! An open heart communicates what cannot be understood. To feel is to be alive:)
    Thinking of you!
    Lori

• jmbroekman says:

Thanks, Lori. I will have to rmrmber those words “an open heart communicates what cannot be understood”!

3. Janet Lee says:

Thank you for the lovely crocuses seeking the light and Kukla’s charming face to brighten my day! If I know anything, I know that we bring forward those we have loved – not the same as having them with us but a treasure none the less.
    sending love, Janet

• jmbroekman says:

Yes, we do bring them forward with us – sometimes kicking and screaming! Thanks, Janet!